Here’s a secret the devil does not want you to know — why he wants to stifle your relationship with the Holy Spirit. He’s afraid of what you will do!
It’s time we reclaimed what is rightfully ours as followers of Christ: a faith that works miracles. A faith that fulfills the promises made by Jesus! Read the Bible — the New Testament — to find all the times when the supernatural happened and ask, “Is this happening in my life?” And if the answer is no ask, “Why not?” The answer is in your relationship with the Holy Spirit.
The Devil does not want you to know this, because he is afraid of what you will do if you become fully aware of what you can accomplish through the Holy Spirit.
In this podcast, Terry Modica names 8 ways that we stifle the Spirit and identifies 3 ways to un-stifle the Spirit.
Demons do exist, and they are trying to interfere with your relationship with Christ and stifle your relationship with the Holy Spirit.
I know I’ve been spending a lot of time in these podcasts, lately, talking about the devil. Most of my time is not spent focused on evil. But we cannot solve the problems in our Church or in our world or in our lives if we ignore what the Devil wants us to ignore – the reality of demonic forces and our power over them when we are united to Christ who has already defeated them.
It’s time we reclaimed what is rightfully ours as followers of Christ – a faith that works miracles. A faith that heals broken hearts. A faith the drives the Enemy out of the Church. A faith that convinces non-believers that turning to Christ is a good idea. A faith that fulfills the promises made by Jesus! Read the Bible — the New Testament — to find all the times when the supernatural happened and ask, “Is this happening in my life?” And if the answer is no ask, “Why not?”
The answer is in your relationship with the Holy Spirit.
8 Ways We Stifle the Spirit
- Clericalism – religious hierarchy holding onto power and control.
- Legalism – another form of power and control: wielding the letter of the law even when it drives people away from Christ and away from the Church, instead of applying the spirit of the law.
- Unbending policies – similar to legalism except policies don’t carry the same weight as laws.
- Trusting the lies of Satan – every idea that’s unloving. Hurtful. Self-defeating. Self-serving. Unlike Christ. Embraced by those who don’t want to follow Christ.
- Trusting our perceptions and understanding – (Isaiah 55:8) “My thoughts are not your thoughts; my ways are not your ways. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.”
- Insufficient time in prayer – Satan is thrilled with our laziness and busyness that keeps us from praying.
- Choosing your own agenda over God’s – we have lots of excuses for doing what we want to do.
- Mediocrity – Jesus said in Mark 12:30, “Love the Lord your God from your whole heart and your whole soul and your whole mind and your whole strength.”
How to un-stifle the Spirit: The 3 Rs
- Retreat into prayer
If you believe that this podcast show is important enough to continue, please sponsor upcoming episodes.
Our podcast shows are also downloadable as audio-only:
- Visit our Footsteps to Heaven website.
- To listen to Footsteps to Heaven on your mobile device, choose an app at breadboxmedia.com/footsteps-to-heaven/.
- To access our other podcast shows, go to gnm-media.org/podcasts/.